Texas DMV driving test, TX drivers license, CDL, motorcycle practice test
TX Driver Practice Test
this test contains questions that are similar to ones that will appear on the actual Texas DMV test and will help you pass your Texas Drivers's permit test with flying colors.
TX Motorcycle Practice Test
learn everything you need to know to ride a motorbike. Get ready to your DMV's written test to obtain your Texas motorcycle license.
TX CDL Practice Test
be well prepared for your CDL test. Get familiar with all the questions to get your Texas commercial driver license.
How Driver-Start can help you to get your Texas Driver's permit?
You can practice on Driver-Start.com/texas whenever you connected to the internet on any device. Our web site is compatible with all modern browsers.
Download Texas Driver Start App
Keep learning DMV road rules wherever you are with our awesome applications on your mobile device.
Multiple ways of learning of DMV Texas
Texas road rules theory can be learn and memorized by Texas DMV's flash cards or DMV Texas's list of questions option or both. Choose whatever options works best for you. Become better driver in Texas.
Unlimited practice test.
You can challenge your knowledge of theory by our DMV Texas's mock test or DMV Texas's marathon test for unlimited times for free. More you challenge yourself more you will learn Texas DMV's driving rules.
Read PDF Texas DMV's manual
Reading DMV's manual gives you understanding of all main principles and rules of driving in Texas state. We suggest to read a Texas DMV's manual for better results and better understanding of what driving is.
Be ready to PASS your final Texas DMV Driver's Permit Test!
What people say about Driver Start?
"I've used this up for whole week everywhere and its works! I've passed a test in DMV last Tuesday ! The app simulates whole process like in real test, questions on the test was exactly like in the app. It was very easy to prepare!
Great! Totally recommend it!"
I've had trouble learning a new language for quite some type. It was difficult for me to read and understand the organization of the book. But this app helped me learn everything I needed to pass my driving test ! It was clear, organized and efficient! Definitely better than the other apps available and would highly recommend to anyone !! Makes life alittle easier to work with easy apps like this one."
"I would recommend it This app has everything you need In one, the drivers Manuel , pratice test, flashcards ... and can even track you test score to show your growth throughout the iniative to now !!, without a doubt I will recommend this ..."Marcus Montesino on Android platform
"I am a beginner driver, but thanks to this app I passed the test just after a couple days of studying. Thank you so much!!!"Jonny_J on iOS platform
"Woww...it's awesome It's a must have."Abdul Raham on Android platform
Took the marathon test 4 times went to the DMV today (4/6/15)and passed the written test with all 20 questions answered correctly 100%
"Has the same answer as the actual PA test and the same questions as the test booklet, granted I believe to questions have he wrong answer, but besides that it's a great app!"Falletta on iOS platform
"I love it. is the best app"ym buldakov on Android platform
"Very nice APP. Nice visual, informative and very helpful. Installed it again and is working great!"Ana Dicty on Android platform
"Nice app that helped me study for my knowledge test!"Patricia2603 on iOS platform
"Awesome Good job."Nazarii Kudla on Android platform
"I love this! Get this app now!
I'm starting to drive soon and this is helping me study"
It's helping practice for my learner's permit. Hope I passed it on the first try."
Your Guide to Earning a Driver’s License in TX
Drivers planning to navigate motor vehicles in Texas are obliged to earn a driver’s license first. The typical process includes enrolling in the Graduated Licensing Program (which is mandatory for drivers younger than 18).
As a rule, you will be required to undergo the following stages under the Graduated Licensing Program:
- learner’s permit. You need to be 15 years old (although you can start your driver education already at 14). One of the major requirements is to join the class education which will get you ready to your TX written permit test. Bring in your identification documents and SSN and pay a $16 permit fee;
- provisional license. Consider applying once you are 16, have held your learner’s permit for six months and practiced thirty hours of driving. At this stage, you will also have to pass a Texas driving road test;
- unrestricted license. Once you are 18, you can upgrade your provisional license to a full one. Make sure to present your identification documents and existing provisional license.
Note that if you hold a driver’s license issued by the other state, you can convert it (you will still be required to take a driving test, though).
If you are 15, you are eligible for a motorcycle license in Texas. The common procedure to obtain your license is as follows:
- submit your identification documents and SSN;
- present a certificate confirming your completed driver education (it must be approved by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation);
- get your parent’s approval;
- undergo vision and written knowledge tests;
- pass a driving test;
- pay appropriate fees ($16 for motorcycle endorsement and $25 fee for a Class M license).
Note that for the driving test, you will have to bring the motorcycle and the following vehicle so that you examiner can ensure the quality of supervision.
Commercial Driver’s License
If you wish to navigate commercial vehicles in Texas, make sure to earn a commercial driver’s license. The first thing to do is to get a commercial learner’s permit.
Upon obtaining a learner’s permit, you are eligible for a driver’s license. You will have to:
- bring in your identification documents, SSN and proofs of US citizenship and residency;
- undergo a medical check-up;
- pass vision, knowledge and driving tests. You will be asked to get your photo and fingerprints taken;
- pay a $61 fee.
Commercial driver’s license is valid for five years (exception is made for drivers older than 85; their CDL is valid for two years).
You won’t need to get a CDL if you:
- operate farmer motor vehicles within 150 miles;
- operate a military transport;
- operate an emergency vehicle.
Driver-start.com offers a wealth of training materials, prep tests and study guides for beginning drivers. We already helped thousands of people earn their driver’s licenses and enjoy unrestricted driving. Make sure to practice your TX driving test online and download our mobile app from App Store and Google Play to make your driver’s training seamless.