Tennessee DOS driving test, TN drivers license, CDL, motorcycle practice test
TN Driver Practice Test
this test contains questions that are similar to ones that will appear on the actual Tennessee DOS test and will help you pass your Tennessee Drivers's permit test with flying colors.
TN Motorcycle Practice Test
learn everything you need to know to ride a motorbike. Get ready to your DOS's written test to obtain your Tennessee motorcycle license.
TN CDL Practice Test
be well prepared for your CDL test. Get familiar with all the questions to get your Tennessee commercial driver license.
How Driver-Start can help you to get your Tennessee Driver's permit?
You can practice on Driver-Start.com/tennessee whenever you connected to the internet on any device. Our web site is compatible with all modern browsers.
Download Tennessee Driver Start App
Keep learning DOS road rules wherever you are with our awesome applications on your mobile device.
Multiple ways of learning of DOS Tennessee
Tennessee road rules theory can be learn and memorized by Tennessee DOS's flash cards or DOS Tennessee's list of questions option or both. Choose whatever options works best for you. Become better driver in Tennessee.
Unlimited practice test.
You can challenge your knowledge of theory by our DOS Tennessee's mock test or DOS Tennessee's marathon test for unlimited times for free. More you challenge yourself more you will learn Tennessee DOS's driving rules.
Read PDF Tennessee DOS's manual
Reading DOS's manual gives you understanding of all main principles and rules of driving in Tennessee state. We suggest to read a Tennessee DOS's manual for better results and better understanding of what driving is.
Be ready to PASS your final Tennessee DOS Driver's Permit Test!
What people say about Driver Start?
"I've used this up for whole week everywhere and its works! I've passed a test in DMV last Tuesday ! The app simulates whole process like in real test, questions on the test was exactly like in the app. It was very easy to prepare!
Great! Totally recommend it!"
I've had trouble learning a new language for quite some type. It was difficult for me to read and understand the organization of the book. But this app helped me learn everything I needed to pass my driving test ! It was clear, organized and efficient! Definitely better than the other apps available and would highly recommend to anyone !! Makes life alittle easier to work with easy apps like this one."
"I would recommend it This app has everything you need In one, the drivers Manuel , pratice test, flashcards ... and can even track you test score to show your growth throughout the iniative to now !!, without a doubt I will recommend this ..."Marcus Montesino on Android platform
"I am a beginner driver, but thanks to this app I passed the test just after a couple days of studying. Thank you so much!!!"Jonny_J on iOS platform
"Woww...it's awesome It's a must have."Abdul Raham on Android platform
Took the marathon test 4 times went to the DMV today (4/6/15)and passed the written test with all 20 questions answered correctly 100%
"Has the same answer as the actual PA test and the same questions as the test booklet, granted I believe to questions have he wrong answer, but besides that it's a great app!"Falletta on iOS platform
"I love it. is the best app"ym buldakov on Android platform
"Very nice APP. Nice visual, informative and very helpful. Installed it again and is working great!"Ana Dicty on Android platform
"Nice app that helped me study for my knowledge test!"Patricia2603 on iOS platform
"Awesome Good job."Nazarii Kudla on Android platform
"I love this! Get this app now!
I'm starting to drive soon and this is helping me study"
It's helping practice for my learner's permit. Hope I passed it on the first try."
A Quick Guide on Obtaining a Driver’s License in TN
To drive on the public roads of Tennessee, you are required to get a driver’s license first. Like in many other US states, this process typically encompasses enrollment in a Graduated Licensing Program (GDL). There are four levels you will be required to complete:
- learner’s permit. You can apply if you are 15. Also, provide a proof of school attendance, your parent’s permit, identification documents and SSN. You will be required to undergo a vision screening and a TN written permit test. The permit fee is $10.50;
- intermediate restricted driver’s license. Apply once you turn 16 and have held a learner’s permit for 180 days. Bring in your identification documents, SSN, a driving log with fifty hours of driving and car insurance. You will be required to pass a driving road test and pay a $24.50 fee;
- intermediate unrestricted driver’s license. You are eligible to apply when you turn 17 and have held an intermediate restricted driver’s license for one year. Pay $2 fee and your driving restrictions will be waived;
- regular unrestricted driver’s license. As soon as you are 18, you are eligible to obtain a regular unrestricted driver’s license. The fee is $10.
Undergoing a driver training course is not mandatory in Tennessee, but teen drivers can significantly increase their odds of passing driving exams successfully if they enroll.
TN issues several types of motorcycle licenses and permits:
- motorcycle only license (Class M). You can qualify if you are 16 and passed a vision screening, written and on-the-road tests. The license is valid for four years;
- motorcycle secondary endorsement. You can earn it if you already hold a driver’s license and underwent a vision, written and driving tests;
- motor-driven cycle. You can qualify if you are 15 and agree to follow the restrictions determined by the DMV.
Remember that you will need to pass a knowledge test to obtain any of the above licenses or endorsements. The best way to get started is to use the course from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
Commercial Driver’s License
The main requirements towards obtaining a CDL in Tennessee are already holding a driver’s license and presenting a proof of US citizenship. Drivers younger than 21 are allowed to operate commercial vehicles within the territory of state only.
Before you can be eligible for a CDL, you have to get a commercial learner’s permit. You are going to need to:
- bring in proofs of US citizenship and Tennessee residential address;
- undergo a medical check-up;
- take a TN written driver knowledge test.
The next step is applying for a CDL. At this stage, you will be asked to pass a driving test.
Driver-start.com is your dedicated source of all necessary information, driving prep tests and study guides. Make sure to go through our courses and practice your driving test online before heading to the DMV office. We also have a mobile app which you can download from App Store or Google Play and make your learning process faster and more enjoyable.