South Carolina DMV driving test, SC drivers license, CDL, motorcycle practice test
SC Driver Practice Test
this test contains questions that are similar to ones that will appear on the actual South Carolina DMV test and will help you pass your South Carolina Drivers's permit test with flying colors.
SC Motorcycle Practice Test
learn everything you need to know to ride a motorbike. Get ready to your DMV's written test to obtain your South Carolina motorcycle license.
SC CDL Practice Test
be well prepared for your CDL test. Get familiar with all the questions to get your South Carolina commercial driver license.
How Driver-Start can help you to get your South Carolina Driver's permit?
You can practice on Driver-Start.com/south-carolina whenever you connected to the internet on any device. Our web site is compatible with all modern browsers.
Download South Carolina Driver Start App
Keep learning DMV road rules wherever you are with our awesome applications on your mobile device.
Multiple ways of learning of DMV South Carolina
South Carolina road rules theory can be learn and memorized by South Carolina DMV's flash cards or DMV South Carolina's list of questions option or both. Choose whatever options works best for you. Become better driver in South Carolina.
Unlimited practice test.
You can challenge your knowledge of theory by our DMV South Carolina's mock test or DMV South Carolina's marathon test for unlimited times for free. More you challenge yourself more you will learn South Carolina DMV's driving rules.
Read PDF South Carolina DMV's manual
Reading DMV's manual gives you understanding of all main principles and rules of driving in South Carolina state. We suggest to read a South Carolina DMV's manual for better results and better understanding of what driving is.
Be ready to PASS your final South Carolina DMV Driver's Permit Test!
What people say about Driver Start?
"I've used this up for whole week everywhere and its works! I've passed a test in DMV last Tuesday ! The app simulates whole process like in real test, questions on the test was exactly like in the app. It was very easy to prepare!
Great! Totally recommend it!"
I've had trouble learning a new language for quite some type. It was difficult for me to read and understand the organization of the book. But this app helped me learn everything I needed to pass my driving test ! It was clear, organized and efficient! Definitely better than the other apps available and would highly recommend to anyone !! Makes life alittle easier to work with easy apps like this one."
"I would recommend it This app has everything you need In one, the drivers Manuel , pratice test, flashcards ... and can even track you test score to show your growth throughout the iniative to now !!, without a doubt I will recommend this ..."Marcus Montesino on Android platform
"I am a beginner driver, but thanks to this app I passed the test just after a couple days of studying. Thank you so much!!!"Jonny_J on iOS platform
"Woww...it's awesome It's a must have."Abdul Raham on Android platform
Took the marathon test 4 times went to the DMV today (4/6/15)and passed the written test with all 20 questions answered correctly 100%
"Has the same answer as the actual PA test and the same questions as the test booklet, granted I believe to questions have he wrong answer, but besides that it's a great app!"Falletta on iOS platform
"I love it. is the best app"ym buldakov on Android platform
"Very nice APP. Nice visual, informative and very helpful. Installed it again and is working great!"Ana Dicty on Android platform
"Nice app that helped me study for my knowledge test!"Patricia2603 on iOS platform
"Awesome Good job."Nazarii Kudla on Android platform
"I love this! Get this app now!
I'm starting to drive soon and this is helping me study"
It's helping practice for my learner's permit. Hope I passed it on the first try."
How do you get a driver’s license in South Carolina
Like in many other US states, you must earn a driver’s license to be able to drive in South Carolina. If you have a driver’s license issued by another state you can convert it to the SC one (the fee is $2.50).
In turn, drivers who have never held a driver’s license before are obliged to enroll in the Graduated Licensing Program which typically consists of 4 levels:
- learner’s permit. To qualify, you must be 15 years old. You will be asked to submit proofs of US citizenship and residency as well as your SSN. The next step is to undergo a vision screening, pass SC written permit test and pay the $2.50 fee;
- provisional license. You are ready to apply if you are 15 years and 6 months old and you’ve been holding a learner’s permit for 6 months. The major requirements are providing the same set of documents as for a learner’s permit, getting your parent’s approval, passing vision screening and driving road test. Prior to applying for a provisional license, you will be asked to present a driving log proving that you practiced forty hours of driving including ten hours of night driving;
- special restricted license. The main rule that distinguishes it from a provisional license is that you are allowed to waive some restrictions if you can provide a proof of these restrictions being an obstacle to your regular activities and obligations (e.g., school attendance). In this case, you have to be 16 years old;
- unrestricted license. You can apply once you turn 16, provided have held a provisional license for a year and a special restricted license for a year. You will be asked to undergo vision screening and driving test as well as get your parent’s approval.
To gain a motorcycle license, you need to be 15 years of age. You will also be obliged to hold your permit for at least six months.
The typical requirement is that you are to undergo a vision screening, written and driving tests. SC DMV official website strongly recommends that you enroll in the Motorcycle Safety Foundation training course to improve your driving skills.
Commercial Driver’s License
Drivers wishing to obtain a commercial driver’s license in this state must be no less than 18 years old.
The first step to getting your CDL is earning a commercial learner’s permit. You will be asked to:
- bring in your identification documents, car insurance and SSN;
- undergo knowledge test and vision screening;
- pass a medical check-up.
If you succeed, you will be issued a learner’s permit valid for 180 days. You can apply for a CDL as soon as two weeks after gaining a learner’s permit. Make sure to bring in your permit and existing driver’s license, successfully pass a driving test and pay appropriate fees.
Driver-start.com offers a whole variety of great training materials, South Carolina online driver’s license information and prep tests. Getting ready to your driving exams with these helpful guides has never been that easy. Also, remember to download our mobile app which is available on Google Play and App Store .