New Jersey DMV driving test, NJ drivers license, CDL, motorcycle practice test
NJ Driver Practice Test
this test contains questions that are similar to ones that will appear on the actual New Jersey DMV test and will help you pass your New Jersey Drivers's permit test with flying colors.
NJ Motorcycle Practice Test
learn everything you need to know to ride a motorbike. Get ready to your DMV's written test to obtain your New Jersey motorcycle license.
NJ CDL Practice Test
be well prepared for your CDL test. Get familiar with all the questions to get your New Jersey commercial driver license.
How Driver-Start can help you to get your New Jersey Driver's permit?
You can practice on Driver-Start.com/new-jersey whenever you connected to the internet on any device. Our web site is compatible with all modern browsers.
Download New Jersey Driver Start App
Keep learning DMV road rules wherever you are with our awesome applications on your mobile device.
Multiple ways of learning of DMV New Jersey
New Jersey road rules theory can be learn and memorized by New Jersey DMV's flash cards or DMV New Jersey's list of questions option or both. Choose whatever options works best for you. Become better driver in New Jersey.
Unlimited practice test.
You can challenge your knowledge of theory by our DMV New Jersey's mock test or DMV New Jersey's marathon test for unlimited times for free. More you challenge yourself more you will learn New Jersey DMV's driving rules.
Read PDF New Jersey DMV's manual
Reading DMV's manual gives you understanding of all main principles and rules of driving in New Jersey state. We suggest to read a New Jersey DMV's manual for better results and better understanding of what driving is.
Be ready to PASS your final New Jersey DMV Driver's Permit Test!
What people say about Driver Start?
"I've used this up for whole week everywhere and its works! I've passed a test in DMV last Tuesday ! The app simulates whole process like in real test, questions on the test was exactly like in the app. It was very easy to prepare!
Great! Totally recommend it!"
I've had trouble learning a new language for quite some type. It was difficult for me to read and understand the organization of the book. But this app helped me learn everything I needed to pass my driving test ! It was clear, organized and efficient! Definitely better than the other apps available and would highly recommend to anyone !! Makes life alittle easier to work with easy apps like this one."
"I would recommend it This app has everything you need In one, the drivers Manuel , pratice test, flashcards ... and can even track you test score to show your growth throughout the iniative to now !!, without a doubt I will recommend this ..."Marcus Montesino on Android platform
"I am a beginner driver, but thanks to this app I passed the test just after a couple days of studying. Thank you so much!!!"Jonny_J on iOS platform
"Woww...it's awesome It's a must have."Abdul Raham on Android platform
Took the marathon test 4 times went to the DMV today (4/6/15)and passed the written test with all 20 questions answered correctly 100%
"Has the same answer as the actual PA test and the same questions as the test booklet, granted I believe to questions have he wrong answer, but besides that it's a great app!"Falletta on iOS platform
"I love it. is the best app"ym buldakov on Android platform
"Very nice APP. Nice visual, informative and very helpful. Installed it again and is working great!"Ana Dicty on Android platform
"Nice app that helped me study for my knowledge test!"Patricia2603 on iOS platform
"Awesome Good job."Nazarii Kudla on Android platform
"I love this! Get this app now!
I'm starting to drive soon and this is helping me study"
It's helping practice for my learner's permit. Hope I passed it on the first try."
How to Qualify for a Driver’s License in NJ
All drivers younger than 21 years of age are obliged to complete a training program under New Jersey MVC Graduated Driver Licensing Program. It’s very extensive and you can go through every phase of this system step by step.
NJ MVC official website lists several categories of driver’s permits which are necessary to obtain prior to qualifying for an unrestricted driver’s license:
- student learner’s permit. Being the first phase of the GDL, it demands that you are no less than 16 years of age and complete a driver’s training course. You’ll also be required to pass a vision screening and pay a $10 fee;
- examination permit. If you’re 17, you are not obliged to get a student learner’s permit but can apply for an examination permit. You’ll be required to pass a vision screening, pass an NJ written permit test and pay a $10 fee;
- provisional driver’s license. As soon as you’re 17 and can present a record of supervised driving for six months, you can apply for a provisional license. Remember that you will have to pass a driving test;
- unrestricted driver’s license. You need to satisfy two criteria to apply for this license: be a minimum 18 years old and hold a provisional driver’s license for one year. You’ll be required to pay a $24 fee.
To drive a motorcycle, you will have to obtain a motorcycle permit. In addition, all applicants younger than 17 are obliged to undergo a driver education program.
To apply for a license, be sure to:
- fill out and submit an official registration form to your local MVC;
- present a New Jersey driver’s license, if you hold one;
- bring your identity paper and New Jersey residential address;
- Pass a knowledge test and a vision screening.
Once you completed the program successfully, you will be issued a learner’s permit. It’s valid for ninety days and enables you to drive during the day. The learner’s permit fee is $5. You’re not obliged to undergo supervised driving upon obtaining your motorcycle permit.
Commercial Driver’s License
To obtain your commercial driver’s license, you’ll need to satisfy the next requirements:
- be no less than 18 years of age;
- already hold a Class D driver’s license issued by NJ MVC;
- undergo a vision screening with a result of 20 / 40 vision per each eye;
- be able to distinguish amber, red and green colors.
Note that drivers under 21 are only allowed to operate commercial vehicles within the territory of the state.
To qualify for a commercial learner’s permit, you’ll have to:
- bring in identity papers and social security number;
- pass a written exam and CDL driver knowledge test;
- get your driving record checked.
Upon obtaining a learner’s permit, you’re welcome to apply for a full commercial driver’s license. You will need to submit your learner’s permit and New Jersey Class D license, pass a driving test and pay a $42 fee. Your license is considered valid for four years.
To complete your driver’s exams successfully, a lot of training is needed. Driver-start.com is your ultimate source of all driver’s license information you need. We also have a mobile app which you can always download from App Store and Google Play and take your learning with you.