North Carolina DMV driving test, NC drivers license, CDL, motorcycle practice test
NC Driver Practice Test
this test contains questions that are similar to ones that will appear on the actual North Carolina DMV test and will help you pass your North Carolina Drivers's permit test with flying colors.
NC Motorcycle Practice Test
learn everything you need to know to ride a motorbike. Get ready to your DMV's written test to obtain your North Carolina motorcycle license.
NC CDL Practice Test
be well prepared for your CDL test. Get familiar with all the questions to get your North Carolina commercial driver license.
How Driver-Start can help you to get your North Carolina Driver's permit?
You can practice on Driver-Start.com/north-carolina whenever you connected to the internet on any device. Our web site is compatible with all modern browsers.
Download North Carolina Driver Start App
Keep learning DMV road rules wherever you are with our awesome applications on your mobile device.
Multiple ways of learning of DMV North Carolina
North Carolina road rules theory can be learn and memorized by North Carolina DMV's flash cards or DMV North Carolina's list of questions option or both. Choose whatever options works best for you. Become better driver in North Carolina.
Unlimited practice test.
You can challenge your knowledge of theory by our DMV North Carolina's mock test or DMV North Carolina's marathon test for unlimited times for free. More you challenge yourself more you will learn North Carolina DMV's driving rules.
Read PDF North Carolina DMV's manual
Reading DMV's manual gives you understanding of all main principles and rules of driving in North Carolina state. We suggest to read a North Carolina DMV's manual for better results and better understanding of what driving is.
Be ready to PASS your final North Carolina DMV Driver's Permit Test!
What people say about Driver Start?
"I've used this up for whole week everywhere and its works! I've passed a test in DMV last Tuesday ! The app simulates whole process like in real test, questions on the test was exactly like in the app. It was very easy to prepare!
Great! Totally recommend it!"
I've had trouble learning a new language for quite some type. It was difficult for me to read and understand the organization of the book. But this app helped me learn everything I needed to pass my driving test ! It was clear, organized and efficient! Definitely better than the other apps available and would highly recommend to anyone !! Makes life alittle easier to work with easy apps like this one."
"I would recommend it This app has everything you need In one, the drivers Manuel , pratice test, flashcards ... and can even track you test score to show your growth throughout the iniative to now !!, without a doubt I will recommend this ..."Marcus Montesino on Android platform
"I am a beginner driver, but thanks to this app I passed the test just after a couple days of studying. Thank you so much!!!"Jonny_J on iOS platform
"Woww...it's awesome It's a must have."Abdul Raham on Android platform
Took the marathon test 4 times went to the DMV today (4/6/15)and passed the written test with all 20 questions answered correctly 100%
"Has the same answer as the actual PA test and the same questions as the test booklet, granted I believe to questions have he wrong answer, but besides that it's a great app!"Falletta on iOS platform
"I love it. is the best app"ym buldakov on Android platform
"Very nice APP. Nice visual, informative and very helpful. Installed it again and is working great!"Ana Dicty on Android platform
"Nice app that helped me study for my knowledge test!"Patricia2603 on iOS platform
"Awesome Good job."Nazarii Kudla on Android platform
"I love this! Get this app now!
I'm starting to drive soon and this is helping me study"
It's helping practice for my learner's permit. Hope I passed it on the first try."
How to Qualify for a Driver’s License in NC
All drivers planning to drive in North Carolina are obliged to hold a driver’s license. Drivers younger than 18 are requested to qualify for a limited learner permit first. To do this, they must undergo the training course under Graduated License Program.
You will be required to meet the below requirements to qualify for a learner’s permit:
- be a minimum of 15 years old;
- submit your identity documents and a social security card;
- find a supervisor to help you practice driving. This could be one of your parents, a guardian or any adult approved by parents or guardians;
- pay a $20 fee.
North Carolina offers the following types of driver’s licenses and permits:
- a limited learner permit. To qualify, you must be 15, pass NC written permit test, a vision screening and a traffic signs test. You will need to present a driving log as well;
- a limited provisional license. Prior to qualifying for it, you need to be 16 and hold a limited learner permit for at least a year. You will be requested to undergo a driving road test and present a driving log updated to meet the provisional license requirements;
- a full provisional license. To get an unrestricted license, you need to possess a limited provisional license for half a year and carry no records of mobile devices usage while driving during the six months prior to application for a full provisional license.
To lawfully operate a motorcycle in North Carolina, you have to have a motorcycle learner permit, or a motorcycle endorsement on your regular driver’s license.
You can qualify for a motorcycle endorsement if you currently hold a regular, a full provisional license or a CDL. In turn, to qualify for a learner permit, you’ll be required to hold a full or a regular license.
To qualify for a motorcycle endorsement or learner permit, be sure to:
- complete the tests; vision screening, traffic signs, driver knowledge and driving tests for an endorsement, and vision screening, traffic signs and a driver knowledge test for a learner permit;
- pay the fees – $20 for a learner permit and $2.30 per year for an endorsement.
Commercial Driver’s License
NC DMV official website lists three types of CDLs issued by this state: commercial Class A, B and C. The first step towards obtaining your commercial driver’s license is qualifying for a commercial learner permit.
The commercial learner permit is subject to a few rules:
- it is valid for one hundred and eighty days;
- there is a limit of two permits that can be acquired within a year;
- it needs to be held for fourteen days before the driver could take a driving test.
To obtain your CDL, you will have to:
- reach the age of 18;
- already possess a Class A, B, or C license;
- bring in required documents: proofs of identity, age, social security, US residency and liability insurance;
- give a proof that your driving record does not list any violations;
- present a confirmation that you are not currently holding more than a single driver’s license;
- undergo written and driving tests.
Driver-start.com provides a huge selection of the driver’s license information and test questions to help you get yourself ready to passing your driving exams. You may download our mobile app from Google Play or App Store and study on the go.
Recently in our Blog
If you try to change the lane while thinking it has, you are very likely to get into a traffic accident, since it may turn out that you couldn’t see the vehicle because of a blind spot – space around your car which is not visible through vehicle mirrors.Read More
According to the 2014 NHTSA overview, motorcycle riders are killed in road traffic accidents 27 times more frequently than drivers and passengers in vehicles, and they are 6 times as likely to be injured. To a large extent, these hard figures arise from the recklessness of many motorcyclists who violate traffic rules and bypass basic safety requirements. In particular, NHTSA findings show that 35% of motorcycle riders’ deaths were the direct result of their speeding, which is higher than speeding statistics on any other vehicle type.Read More
At intermediate stages, a motorcycle learner permit or temporary license can be issued to allow riding legally prior to obtaining a full license. Usually, some restrictions are imposed on a rider holding such a document, such as restricted nighttime riding, passenger restriction or in-jurisdiction only restriction.Read More